✅ SOLVED help with this one please - watch fob? medal ?

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy found this and while it's in pretty good shape we are puzzled as to what it is. Almost looks like a military medal that would be worn or perhaps some sort of fob. The bottom portion picturing the sphinx shows some wear but otherwise it's in great shape. Other than the Egyptian hieroglyphs (which i think are decoration not an actual inscription) there is nothing written on the piece. Appears to be made of stamped brass and is fairly thin. Any ideas ?

What we know so far: The crescent moon and star as well as the hand and star are Islamic symbols which kind of fits with the man and woman in Arabic dress also pictured

. 003.jpg 004.jpg

I seen something similarly made not to long ago but I can't remember know what it was. I'm sure you'll get a Id on here soon enough! [emoji2]

Upvote 0
seems like a hodge podge of middle eastern images from the hamsa hand to the"magic coin"on bottom.almost surely tourist trade item as the"coin"on bottom is mirror image of "egyption mysterious magic coin"...and not a very good job of it

download (1).jpg....images.jpg....my guess a trinket.very cool tho.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This double sided raised relief Egyptian revival watch fob chain was a grand tour item that was sold during the revival in the 20's of King Tut's Tomb. Each side had a different scent (totaling 10). The round fob at the bottom has the sphinx on one side and a seated pharaoh on the other.
Don......

Upvote 0
You guys are awesome. I think I will mark this one solved. !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back