Help with sluice to high banker

I have a 10 inch stream sluice I want to convert to a high bankeR I was thinking of getting this one Jobe Highbanker Hopper Kit but in a lot of spots I can only run a electric pump would this pump power it 2200 GPH 12v Bilge Pump. I'm new to this hobby and love it

2200 gph will power it as long as you pre classify to 1/4" and your riffles are not over 3/8" tall. You may also have to go to a 1.5" drop per foot of sluice.

Opinions will vary.... the above is my opinion.

GG~

Last edited:
What gph do you suggest

Depends upon all the variables. Type of material being run, riffle type, mat type, whether using expanded or not, length of sluice, width of sluice, angle.

Typically a 10" x 4' sluice on a highbanker needs at least 60GPM (3600GPH) that way you have all the power you need and it can always be slowed down by a valve.

OK I'll get a 3700 then and just be safe
Just know that the battery drain on one that size will be significant.

Also before you put your money down .....get a second opinion!
Ask the folks at Black Cat Mining what they think.

GG~

Last edited:
Goodyguy said:
Just know that the battery drain on one that size will be significant.

Also before you put your money down .....get a second opinion!
Ask the folks at Black Cat Mining what they think.

GG~

I'm thinking if I go that size I might half to get a 24v system witch means lugging two battery's around

Wow that is spendy for that type of bilge pump.
You can buy 5 Harbor Freight 1000gph pumps for that and have a little left over, they are on sale right now for $18 dollars.
If you dont like the setup or they break you can return them in 90 days, you can also purchase a 3 year warranty for a little more.

Bilge Pump - 1000 GPH 12V Bilge Pump

They draw 5.5 amps.

I'm thinking if I go that size I might half to get a 24v system witch means lugging two battery's around

Better to get a small pump with gasoline engine.

Goodyguy said:
Better to get a small pump with gasoline engine.

Yea that would be great but I would only be able to use it two weeks out of the year

NeoTokyo said:
Wow that is spendy for that type of bilge pump.
You can buy 5 Harbor Freight 1000gph pumps for that and have a little left over, they are on sale right now for $18 dollars.
If you dont like the setup or they break you can return them in 90 days, you can also purchase a 3 year warranty for a little more.

Bilge Pump - 1000 GPH 12V Bilge Pump

They draw 5.5 amps.

What would I do with 1000gph

5 x 1000gph = 5000gph

If money is no object and you are going for the lightest, more compact system then we dont need to go any further but if money is an issue and you dont mind a couple pounds more then you might want to explore the option of running a couple cheaper pumps.

An added plus of having more than 1 pump is redundancy in case one dies, that way you dont have to drop what your doing.

Look at the amp draw of the larger pumps, running a couple of the 1000gph pumps together running about the same draw will be cheaper.
If you go higher your time to run will change.

What are the specs on the battery that you are wanting to run and how large is that?

If you just care about size and weight and not money then here are a couple good pumps to look into.

Rule 4000gph

Rule 56D, Bomba Submers. 4000 gph (15550 lph) 12V

Rule 8000gph (two 4k pumps together, like I am suggesting with the harbor freight / hydro pacific pumps.)

Rule Industries - Rule 8000 GPH Bilge Pump

I have been researching this for another application for several months so I have some time on the books.

NeoTokyo said:
5 x 1000gph = 5000gph

If money is no object and you are going for the lightest, more compact system then we dont need to go any further but if money is an issue and you dont mind a couple pounds more then you might want to explore the option of running a couple cheaper pumps.

An added plus of having more than 1 pump is redundancy in case one dies, that way you dont have to drop what your doing.

Look at the amp draw of the larger pumps, running a couple of the 1000gph pumps together running about the same draw will be cheaper.
If you go higher your time to run will change.

What are the specs on the battery that you are wanting to run and how large is that?

If you just care about size and weight and not money then here are a couple good pumps to look into.

Rule 4000gph

Rule 56D, Bomba Submers. 4000 gph (15550 lph) 12V

Rule 8000gph (two 4k pumps together, like I am suggesting with the harbor freight / hydro pacific pumps.)

Rule Industries - Rule 8000 GPH Bilge Pump

I see what your getting at can you run more then one pump off one battery what kind of battery do you suggest. Right now I just have one rev deep cycle battery right now I don't know the amp hour on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back