Help With School Field Find

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to do a little coin shooting today at a local high school. I was finding the usual clad. I got a 83-85 VDI on the AT Pro at 10 inches. I haven't been able to identify the coin yet so I'm hoping some one can help.
I can barely see a date. It's ?820.

IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for viewing my mysterious find.

Upvote 14
I think it is a George the III shilling:dontknow:

I agree, 1816-1820. Great find! I've never seen one before in person

EDIT just saw that you thought you saw *820, that's probably right!

Thanks guys for the information. It's one of my oldest coin to date. Still can't believe I found it.

Great display case piece be careful how you clean it. I would not just saying!!!!!!!

Thanks, A2coins. I don't plan on cleaning it. Can't wait for my grand daughter to see it.

This is what this hobby is all about well a big part of it glad to see your hard work paid off Great job!!!!!!!!!

Very nice coin find! :occasion14:

IMHO do not clean it!

I couldn't agree more with you. This hobby has its highs and lows. Today was one of those being at the right place at best of times.

Thanks Professor &Trapperart.

Beautiful coin
Congrats

Thanks Relicific

A Huge Congrats on such a wonderful and special find !

Try putting a little baby powder on it that date might pop right out.

Very cool, I'm taking it must be silver, it's hard for me to tell, I would be very excited if I had found it. Congrats, I'm liking that coin!

GEORGIE BOY SOMEBODY BEEN ABUSING THAT THING. NEET

That's an alsome find Congrats more to come :occasion14:

Thank you all for the great compliments on my find. It is definitely silver, but what grade I wouldn't be able to tell you. I will try the baby powder to see if it will enhance it any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back