All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_9496.JPG
    IMG_9496.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9588.PNG
    IMG_9588.PNG
    168.6 KB · Views: 73
The one on the left is plated. The "GP" inside is gold plated. You can see it flaking off of the edge.

The other looks killer. We need to see better pics of that one.

Upvote 0
It is the same ring, it was suppose to be an Ostby
but isnt ��

Upvote 0
The lady I bought it from said it was a green paste stone and an early Ostby

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R.G.P. I believe stands for "Rolled Gold Plated"

Upvote 0
It is the same ring, it was suppose to be an Ostby
but isnt ��

Dang man! The picture w/ the stones looks pretty good, but the fact that it is plated indicates that it is, well let's just say "costume jewelry".

Here is the makers mark page for Ostby. You need check Google if you are not sure. Sorry.

Attachments

• Ostby.png
    Ostby.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's ok, I still love it but probably paid too much lol

Upvote 0
That's ok, I still love it but probably paid too much lol

It does look good, the second pic is sweet. Enjoy it and the invaluable lesson you learned.

Upvote 0
Anybody have recommendations where I could look to buy Ostby? I'm so leary now! and I want an early piece.

Upvote 0
Anybody have recommendations where I could look to buy Ostby? I'm so leary now! and I want an early piece.

Look on eBay. Make sure if you purchase one there that the seller has a lot of sales and an excellent seller's rating. They won't want to ruin their good standing to purposely sell a fake one and if you found out that it was, then would most likely give you a refund in order not to have that on their ratings. Worse case scenario if they would be dumb enough not to issue you a refund immediately, then escalate the claim and have eBay step in.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back