Help with my buddys find.

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140401_165235.png
    ForumRunner_20140401_165235.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20140401_165245.png
    ForumRunner_20140401_165245.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 101
That looks to me like a piece off a pocket knife.

Yeah that is what i figured. He found it on old farm land where I found a Indian cent. We are just trying to figure out what the deer head and crossed rifle and sword meant. It kind of looks homemade

Upvote 0
Don't think homemade looks cast but very worn.
The symbol looks like one of those old popular in Europe vignettes use as decoration on hunting associated objects. The deer head has a hunter's leather bag hanging under it and that's not a sword crossed with the riffle but a long hunting knife like it was used back in the days for hunting boars and deer.

Check this out vanino & henkel   |   Arbeiten | Lederprägungen | Jagd

Upvote 0
Don't think homemade looks cast but very worn.
The symbol looks like one of those old popular in Europe vignettes use as decoration on hunting associated objects. The deer head has a hunter's leather bag hanging under it and that's not a sword crossed with the riffle but a long hunting knife like it was used back in the days for hunting boars and deer.

Check this out vanino & henkel * | * Arbeiten | Lederprägungen | Jagd

Thank you for the input! I see the bag now, i kind of thought it might of been a shield. Good stuff.

Upvote 0
The offset hole is kind of perpelexing. You would think it would be in the middle.....?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back