Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I know this pin is a 3rd armored division pin. Most examples have the word "spearhead" on the bottom of the triangle. I have only found one pin, but it has the 2 piece squeeze back on it, not the pivoting pin back like mine. Anyone know if this might be a WWII era pin? Is it a lapel pin or cap pin? Thanks for looking.
ama5ube8.jpg

8aju6y5e.jpg

O'Dude...I read your post in Today's Finds. You took some very nice pictures. Looks like a great site. It's always nice when you meet nice folks when out detecting. Hopefully you'll make some return trips and find more items. Good luck to you on your upcoming hunts!
WWII 3rd Armored Division DUI Di Crest Pin | eBay
Thank you very much for that link ( exact match that I missed! ), and the nice words. The bank that I mentioned in the other thread sits all alone on a lot across the road from her house, surrounded on 2 sides by a creek. It is a small red brick building that just begged to be detected. On that day, the owner told me it has a full cellar under it and that I could detect the cellar if I wanted. It was late in the afternoon that day, so I did not. I have that to do yet.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Thank you for the suggestion. I may just have to use my pinpointer to do that cellar!

Upvote 0
US 3d Armored Division circa 1948​

Deep, may I ask if you found supporting evidence for this or is it an educated guess? Thank you very much for your reply. Most examples I see have " Spearhead" at the base of the triangle. I assume this was added after the major battles of WWII the division was in?
Were these issued and worn on fatigues or on the dress uniform? Would be great to know if it possibly saw battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back