Help with Military Pin Please?

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all and thanks for your help. I found this pin during a recent trip to a gold rush ghost town in Northern Ca. 1850's... Hoping there is a Military expert out there to help identify. As you can see in the pics, there were crossed guns. Rifle or pistol I do not know. It was gold plated as you can still see some remaining.

Thank You, Jim

20130616_195038 copy.jpg20130616_195055 copy.jpg

I couldn't find one on google. It definitely looks like a great seal hat pin but I have never seen them with crossed rifles on them. If you look close you see it is not well made and the image is not well shown. I think maybe it is something of a civilian nature.

Upvote 0
I couldn't find one on google. It definitely looks like a great seal hat pin but I have never seen them with crossed rifles on them. If you look close you see it is not well made and the image is not well shown. I think maybe it is something of a civilian nature.

I agree with the hat pin. I have also come across older Military pins with crossed pistols. As far as not made well, 100 years has not been kind to it. It looks exactly as the image, some shadow was needed to bring out the remaining detail.

Upvote 0
$(KGrHqZ,!qwF!-Frz!GDBQT3ULi+q!~~60_12.jpg It is called a sweetheart Pin WW2 crossed M1 rifles Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back