oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this ring recently a bit battered and bent, Has a strange mark inside that l have not seen before, And despite having seemingly looked everywhere on the internet, l can't find anything like it.Perhaps l'm looking in the wrong place! Any help ? Please. There is only the one mark : not a series of marks as there is today: The ring looks to have some age to it.The band is 9mm deep and it is approx 21mm diameter:: Hutch.

Attachments

• w766.jpg
    w766.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 90
  • w770.jpg
    w770.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 85
  • w769.jpg
    w769.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88
I am on the phone but what i can see of the ring,yeah i would keep searching hallmarks myself.One time i spent like three days on tracking a hallmark on the net but i finally found it.I know it gets old quick,but keep going though the hallmarks on the net,try to google different things like hallmarks on antique rings etc...keep trying you could have the kings ring there for sure. :-)

Upvote 0
That looks to be a very old ring, the mark looks 18th C or much older, when hallmarks were in there infancy. (might be late 17th)

Upvote 0
I think you may well be right about finding the mark if l keep searching, So it's back to Google. Hutch.

Upvote 0
I agree about the age of the ring, l believe it will turn out to be quite early if and when l find out. Hutch.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back