Help With Colonial Ring

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey folks, I dug this ring earlier this spring at a site that dates to the 1700's. The site also had quite a bit of activity during the 2nd half of the 1800's. The ring still has some gold gilt left on it, though not much. It looks like cheap costume jewelry to me, but I don't know. Any ideas on age and the type of stone?

Attachments

• colonial_ring.JPG
    colonial_ring.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 128
  • colonial_ring2.JPG
    colonial_ring2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 128
  • colonial_ring3.JPG
    colonial_ring3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 1
Can't help you out with anything.. But that sure is a very nice find.. Congrats and hope somebody can help you out.

Looks to be vintage costume to me , I'd guess late 19th / early 20th century - the stone , i believe is glass .

Looks to be vintage costume to me , I'd guess late 19th / early 20th century - the stone , i believe is glass .

I agree - probably turn-of-the-century or thereabouts. Definitely not colonial but still a nice find.

Thanks everybody for the input. It was a heart-stopper when I first saw it! Got it on video, but haven't had much time lately to put a video together. Soon . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back