Help with button

Henry Smoot

May 19, 2006
Charleston SC

Attachments

• testpictures 009.jpg
    testpictures 009.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 231
Very cool button, lots of stuff in our area for sure.... jeez, hows the loot on that other forum.... Wow...

I'm getting a button book for my birthday... can't wait to find out about this one....

Chitlin

Upvote 0
Very Crude backmark & the moulding looks typical of the 1790s. Good luck on a full ID.

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Very Crude backmark & the moulding looks typical of the 1790s. Good luck on a full ID.

I showed the photos to a rather knowledgeable Rev War button collector and he said, these buttons have been found at American Rev War sites, but, they are found scattered throughout the country, yours in South Carolina, the one on the other forum I assume was found in Louisiana and the person I contacted has one that was found in Dutchess County New York state at a known American site.

He believes they are not military in nature and that the letters are perhaps that of the mold or button maker. But they are period.......

Don

Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:

I showed the photos to a rather knowledgeable Rev War button collector and he said, these buttons have been found at American Rev War sites, but, they are found scattered throughout the country, yours in South Carolina, the one on the other forum I assume was found in Louisiana and the person I contacted has one that was found in Dutchess County New York state at a known American site.

He believes they are not military in nature and that the letters are perhaps that of the mold or button maker. But they are period.......

Don

Why quote me ???

I didn't think it was military only that it was 1790s

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:

Don

Why quote me ???

I didn't think it was military only that it was 1790s

LOL you were the closest reply. :) Actually because of you saying 1790's, which is a tad late, no biggie. I really would not have quoted anybody, but you are easy at times. ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back