✅ SOLVED HELP WITH BRASS LIGHT OF SOME SORTS

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
This odd little light is just over 3" long and 1/18" wide. It unscrews into three parts.
It is well made and is not marked. The flat end has an outer shell that twist to reveal
the light bulb. Also, the flat end a rotating piece on top that turns to reveal a hole showing
the bulb. The pointed side has a hole in it for wires to pass through I guess. The
pointed end unscrews to reveal two wire contacts for the bulb.
Any ideas? This was not dug, but given to me by a fellow who only knew it came from
his uncle that fought in WWll.
Thanks
IMG_8115.JPGIMG_8116.JPGIMG_8117.JPGIMG_8119.JPGIMG_8121.JPGIMG_8124.JPGIMG_8126.JPG

Don't know what ... but, maybe there is a lead or something, here.
There's these things called "signal lamps", and similar items along the lines of British signal torches.

This may ? have had a battery tube with a clicker switch on it for morse code ?

There's also something called "beacon light" that is somewhat similar that the navy used with life jackets, but the small hole seems too small for a beacon light.

I'm about 4% certain this may be a signal lamp, and 96% just plumb curious what the heck this is. :)

Anyway, here is my sorta, coulda, Idontknow, thing ... ie, a wild guess.

morsecode.jpg

Upvote 0
Maybe some kind of bore inspection light?

Upvote 0
My uneducated, inexperienced, unknowing opinion?
why not...

Attaches to some type of portable equipment to light up a small specific area. Such as a mobile radio, panel inside a tank, dash of a truck, working area of a generator, etc.

Upvote 0
https://goo.gl/images/Dwghgd

This little lamp assembly sticking out the top of this looks very similar.
Holy Moly that's it!! Thank you for the ID!
1_f38af7666fc96285e4a835ede607ad41.jpg
"[FONT=&quot]Description[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Offered is a New In Box WW2 USAAF Bomber Crew Cockpit Extention Lamp - Type B-7. This spot lamp was used in several aircraft including the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress , B-29 Superfortress , Consolidated B-24 Liberator , North American B-25 Mitchell , Martin B-26 Marauder + many others. The Lamp Assy. has an Air Corps Spec. No. 94-32228 and was manufactured by Standard Aircraft Products, Inc., Dayton, Ohio. Top of lamp assy has a Standard Aircraft Products Decal. This unit uses a clear 12-16 volt bulb in the lamp head. The rubberized wind out cord is approximately 6 ft long (first 8" has some rubber age cracking but is intact). Serviceable part tag has a June 15, 1945 date of inspection. The 3" X 3" X 4" lamp housing is in new unissued condition. Lamp and cord pull out and retract easily. Item is being offered as a collectible only - "As Is" Serviceability will be up to the purchaser. A great accessory for collectors of WW II Air Corps , AAF , USAAC aircraft parts and pilot equipment. See my other auctions offering WW II aircraft instruments."[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Way to go diggummup ! You nailed it. Good one ! :hello2:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back