Help with artwork a weird one

I was also thinking serial killer, but an Ed Kemper self-portrait related to his murder of his mother. That sig could be read as "eD K" I guess. Anyway if you find out jtw, notify some authorities!

P.S. it's also weird/odd that the naked nymphs seem to be MUCH better painted and styled, compared to the rest of the painting. If those aren't literal photos, this seems a virtual artistic photoshop of some other painting which was painted by a better artist. So this one copied those nymphs. But even if the case, those copies still seem incongruent with the painter's general skill (doesn't seem at all capable of copying them so well). Seems either two people painted this (a possible serial killer in tandem with a professional forger and/or good artist), or those are photos applied to it that you can't quite see, or the painter suffers from a really bizarre disorder. Where he copies masterful depictions of nymphs, yet the rest of the painting sucks.

Or possibly he meant to show dichotomy and this was intentional, by intentionally painting bad for the rest. But really, this is just weird.

Upvote 0
Found it at a thrift store rolled up. There were a couple more but not as bizzare

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If this is infact Murderabilia then you have a very expensive painting.

Best way to find out is to contact the facility the perp is being held at, ask if the perp has been exposed to the therapy of painting.

Like so many in the past the art is just lost, normally the perp gives it to a gaurd, or when they are executed the State donates their belongings to some place that can sell them. Then someone finds it and sooner or later it does end up in the right hands.

A few paintings from Gacy when for well over 100K, a sketch he did sold for 200K and poems from him sold at 30K.

I know the market place for this stuff; you find out if he was allowed to paint and I will put you in touch with someone who sells Murderabilia.

Upvote 0
The thing I thought was interesting was the wood frame was removed do they do that in prison

Upvote 0
maybe someone liked the frame and not the painting
did you get a shot of the other paintings, or can you
were the sigs the same on the other paintings
tried to enhance the sig

Screenshot 2016-07-17 at 12.21.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2016-07-17 at 12.18.46 PM.png

Upvote 0
and yes they prob would not let you have anything that
could become a weapon, to use on others and yourself
in a max security or isolation type cell

Upvote 0
View attachment 1337488

This piece of art was done by Phil Hansen, called 48 Women. Michael Parsons did a greeting card of him that was later printed on T-Shirts and sold too, then Marvin Casey did a painting of him with a forest background as well.

So I would say it is certainly plausible that Gary took a liking to going down in some sick Art History and started doing his own painting.

The women in the painting you have could be the Six that they never could connect to him well enough to make charges stick. Reports say that he enjoyed screwing in the forest even before he started killing. This could be his Dark Forest I guess with the six.

There is just far too much there to no contact the Federal Prison, he was after all a painter for Kenworth.

Upvote 0
someone reading with me,just said maybe its someones
prelude of thought/s to be like GR, and wanted it in some
visual form other than writing

Upvote 0
It appears to be painted by one person. I don't see any higher level of talent in the depictions of the nymphs. Personally, I think it's a piece of "tribute art" (for lack of a better term) by an unknown artist showing a beheaded Ed Kemper. There are many who paint these types of things. Someone like this guy- http://www.artgrinder.com/index_018.html

kemper.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow. This is creepier than researching doll parts. And I HATE researching doll parts...

I see what you mean about Gary Ridgway. Yikes!

Could the second painting be Judith Mawson?

Upvote 0
Here is a third and fourth painting I didn't get at first because no sighttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/509568-third-fourth-painting.html

Upvote 0
ya ed kemper, he decapitated his victims
in the summers of 70&71 i hitched hiked up and down ca. being a concert hippie
guess we were lucky never ran into any of those serial killer creeps

taking their corpses back to his home to be violated and desecrated, with Kemper often
keeping the severed heads of his victims for several days before disposal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back