Help with anywhere in KY or TN (need some weekend dream-trip support pls)!

tmack

Nov 20, 2013
Westfield IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250 w/ 8.5x11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried this post in a similar forum (which shall go nameless) :laughing7: and didn't receive anywhere near the community love I had hoped for so went in search of a new place to call home and ended up here :) Anyway, hear me out. I realize this is a total long-shot, but If I don't have a chance of luck here for help with fellow detectorists and hunters of treasure then where do I?!

So myself and a long-time buddy came up with this brilliant idea to head down south for a full weekend dedicated to our hobby. The reason for heading south is due to our dreams of recovering some civil war relics. Although we enjoy any type of hunting with possibilities from the 1800's. Not for money by any stretch, we are just guys who love the hunt of course....connecting the dots of history...telling our families the stories from research-to-discoveries... etc. and of course relic hunters understand -just holding that piece of history in your hands-- the thrill is amazing. Anyway we are just of Indianapolis and planning to head the direction of Louisville through mid to eastern KY into TN, maybe further a bit...not fully sure yet, although its getting down to the wire. Were used to doing all the research on a potential site from; historic aerials, state/county atlas's to plat maps etc...to see if we can get a hunch its worthwhile, then to the assessors office or door-to-door to find/talk with land owners for permission. So for this trip were trying to do this all remotely via research then locate by satellite to "try" to find a potential sites then determine land owners ahead of time and for the most part plan to just do some good old fashion knocking on the door once we are there. We'll have from Thursday to Sunday for this "dream trip" :headbang:. Its targeted leaving Thursday evening Dec 5th...honestly with only a few sites officially lined up if right now. However if we could officially arrange something that was more promising and could fill a weekend, a day or even a few hours ...we are more than flexible! I know people aren't likely to give away their tried and true spots and having real trouble having any help at all south of TN. I guess I just hoped for the remote chance that someone would be willing to connect with me just via PM because of this post to make this trip a home run. We would even take a spot that you have since hunted out! Just for a chance!

I have references a' plenty of sites that would vouch for their experience with me on their land. I have proof of national insurance covering me and my actions while hunting, etc. Of course, no problems following any rules/stipulations. We are just 2 good ole guys totally into this awesome hobby and looking SO forward to this weekend just dedicated to it, first time we have ever gone so hard core and I am sure just the beginning of routine trips :hello2:.... man we can hardly wait.

Just thought to reach out to the general community to ask for help, that way we can hone in our research through something more guaranteed with some that already has permission to an area or better yet the land owner themselves! Trying to just spend less time knocking and more time hunting. We would of course remove and throw away all metallic trash/glass shards found and depending on interest of those involved I am happy to report in any/all finds to whomever and probably will have at least one extra detector if someone wanted to give it a shot at any point while we were there. I know it will be cold and we’ll be ready for that, just happened to work out that this was the best time for the trip and we wanted to squeeze it in before the ground froze up for the winter.

I appreciate the time to read the post and of course any help anyone is willing to give. Again just PM me and we could go from there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back