Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this button today. I've looked on line and there's a close one to it from Germany says before 1930 mine appears to be a one piece where the other is a two piece about the size of a quarter front and back pictures showing can anyone help me with age and if they can find the same button thanks IMG_20200202_210657.jpgIMG_20200202_210838.jpg

Looks to be the front of a two-piece fashion button where the iron back has rotted away. :icon_scratch:
Good info provided by pa-dirt nc-sand. :thumbsup:

Date wise, I think you're bang on with 1920s - 30s... looks to be of better quality then most buttons.
Dave

Upvote 0
It looks to be complete, apart from perhaps missing its gilding, if it had any. Here's a better preserved one that's the same pattern as yours, which the seller claimed to be Victorian. That might be correct, but I think similar patterns were still in use well into the 1900s. The later ones seem to have a less delicately moulded design.

Bird Button.jpg

Upvote 0
It looks to be complete, apart from perhaps missing its gilding, if it had any. Here's a better preserved one that's the same pattern as yours, which the seller claimed to be Victorian. That might be correct, but I think similar patterns were still in use well into the 1900s. The later ones seem to have a less delicately moulded design.

View attachment 1797587
Thank you

Upvote 0
I would say 1890s. (based on other examples from that period)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back