HELP ! What is this LARGE COPPER COLORED MEDAL

lisetticamia

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi people, I'm new here and I'm excited to see if my new thread can be answered. I found this at an estate sale. Picked it up cause it looked interesting and thought it could have value. However, It's one of those items I refuse to sell until I find out what it actually is. I have spent hours trying to figure it out. I looked under Russian medals, German Medals, Freemasons, ... and I can't figure it out. There are no markings anywhere. The size is roughly 2 inches in diameter. It's heavy and seems to have once been hanging from a ribbon cause the pin in back does look like it was a newer soldering. The only color is the eagle crest which from my research is German. I think it's some type of copper. It looks old but it's not tarnished or has any patina. I'm baffled. Any help or suggestions on what type of medal, war, ... it may be of would be great.

Thanks` 20150323_171135.jpg20150323_171215.jpg20150323_171257.jpg20150323_171355.jpg

I suppose its a rennaisance fair type costume accessory like this one...a simple guess

mA-jCInoVRL170PANUA_0-g.jpg also all three attachment systems are certainly of costume quality.even the missing one(looks like this)..images.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think bigfoot1 might have something there. Bigfoot1 may i ask you where you found the picture? I'm trying to research renaissance fair accessories but don't find it. That would stink :unhappysmiley: one minute u think u have something special, then next nada.

Thanks guys for replying back. Bigfoot1 if u could me with that
Picture I'd really appreciate it. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
I think Bigfoot is on it. Vintage 1960's(?) fashion brooch/pendant. Oxidized brass.

il_570xN.733358406_kn2o.jpg

Upvote 0
The Eagle was not only used by Germany but also Poland and Austria! Due to the appearance of the Eagle, I believe that the medal or whatever it is, is Austrian but I could be wrong. Might take a lot of research to pin it down and I don't mean on your' lapel.

Frank

Upvote 0
Lol
:laughing7:
The Eagle was not only used by Germany but also Poland and Austria! Due to the appearance of the Eagle, I believe that the medal or whatever it is, is Austrian but I could be wrong. Might take a lot of research to pin it down and I don't mean on your' lapel.

Frank

Upvote 0
the type of heraldic eagle is very important in figuring out what nation it is ...single headed eagle looking left ... spread wings on a red shield type background with chicken feet type claws and 3 tail feathers ... I'm thinking Germanic type .. with the shield being on a military type "badge" ...similar in looks to the british awards of "honor" given by the queen to soldiers --it might be military or frat related...it looks to be a Germanic "holy roman empire" type also used during -- 1871 to 1918 era (up to the end f WW 1)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back