✅ SOLVED Help?! Unknown Shield

Hunted out

Greenie
Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this site, but I have metal detected for about 20 years. This is an old find that I dug at an old house a few years ago. Nobody has ever been able to provide any information as to what it might be. It's about 1 3/8" tall and 1 5/8" wide; it appears to be brass or copper. No back markings at all. I know there are a lot of experts that monitor this forum and I am anxiously waiting for your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Unknown Shield.jpg

Last edited:
I will tell you what I know, which isn't much. The bottom would have extended down into a point. If I am not mistaken I believe the latest thinking is that it came off an older model bicycle. Charlie Harris had one in his book on "Civil war relics of the Western campaign" but he now acknowledges they are not civilwar.

Upvote 0
Old brass monogram tag. with an old English "A" more then likely off a bike plate.. Would say mid 20th century. Kewl find! :occasion14:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input folks.I'm thinking you guys have probably nailed it.I'm gonna leave this post unsolved until tomorrow just to see if anyone else has seen one.Once again thanks!

Upvote 0
We have seen these on here before and I don't think they were ID'ed except to be late 1800s time frame and non-military. I'll see if I can find the post where they were discussed.

Upvote 0
Just a quick thank you for your help solving my mystery! Sorry it took so long to let you know how much i appreciate your input.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back