HELP on I.D of Large screwdriver???

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!!!,I found this a few yrs.ago at my favorite dump while looking for bottles and got a good hit on my MD and got this about 4in. down...I recently found it again while rummaging through some old tool's.
I was wondering if anybody had ever seen a screw driver like this one? Obviously it has a "stacked" handle similar to alot of fixed blades! I'm also wondering if this was homemade or a production item.There is NO makers mark that i have found.So any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!
THANK for LOOKING and HAAPPY HUNTING TO ALL!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCI0043.JPG
    DSCI0043.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCI0044.JPG
    DSCI0044.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCI0045.JPG
    DSCI0045.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCI0051.JPG
    DSCI0051.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 95
Definitely a nice one. A very well crafted tool.

Upvote 0
I used to have a couple like that. Loved them..
You get beat on them with a hammer, use them as a pry bar. Indestructable!!!

Tim

Upvote 0
Someone took some pride in making that screwdriver. I'd say it's a piece of folk art... I like it.

Upvote 0
Cool tool!
I think this is a tool Santa or his helpers would use to work on their machines! Probably dropped out of the sky from Santa's sled when he flew over the dump last year. Hang it on your Christmas tree!

Upvote 0
Good bottle dump tool which I suspect is why it was found there.
Possibly...I did have to dig some for it! And i WILL put it to good use,I'm sure it's a tuff one! THANKS FOR INPUT&HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

Upvote 0
Probably made by a Machinist as it looks to have been on a lathe to shape the handle.So not commercially made but professionally crafted for sure.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back