Help needed to identify this old vase

davidjbass

Feb 5, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
I need help trying find out some information about an old vase my dad left me. I did find out some info on it that I think is correct about it. I believe its a Rookwood. It was either designed or decorated by Sara Coyne. And I think it's dated to 1901. I am wondering if this info is correct and what it's worth. Thanks in advance for looking. photo (4).JPGphoto (3).JPG

Based on what I researched, it does seem to be a Rookwood. I would disagree with Sarah Coyne, as the stamp seems to be closer to that of Sallie E. Coyne...they each look slightly different. But I may be wrong....I'm sure someone will chime in. They seem to command some big bucks!

Upvote 0
Based on what I researched, it does seem to be a Rookwood. I would disagree with Sarah Coyne, as the stamp seems to be closer to that of Sallie E. Coyne...they each look slightly different. But I may be wrong....I'm sure someone will chime in. They seem to command some big bucks!

Sallie E. Coyne's name did come up in my research. So you could be right. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sallie E. Coyne's name did come up in my research. So you could be right. Thanks.

So from the info I gathered I think that this vase is a Rookwood made either a 1900 or 1901. It's pre Roman numerals. And it was designed by Sallie E. Coyne from what I have seen from other Sallie E. Coyne stamps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back