Help me identify these 3 relics found in a Union camp.

flintchip

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 111
The diamond shape deal is from a pail or bucket.Its the Bail attachement

Upvote 0
Could you explain what a bail attachment is? Thanks.

The bail is the handle of the bucket. It connected to that piece which was fastened to the side of the bucket (one on each side) with rivets. A big clue is the shape of the center hole (worn out and stretched vertically) that that's where the stress on the metal was.

Upvote 0
I believe that's exactly what the brass is. Googled a pail from the late 19th century with a similar one on it. Thanks Kuger and Buckleboy.

Upvote 0
I have one of the Diamond shaped pieces also found in a C.W. campsite, Although mine is Rolled like it may have been attache to a pole ie. flagpole or something similar, and had thought that was what it was, mine too has he center hole elongated, I too will go with the bail attachment idea, I think that one is Solved.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I have one of the Diamond shaped pieces also found in a C.W. campsite, Although mine is Rolled like it may have been attache to a pole ie. flagpole or something similar, and had thought that was what it was, mine too has he center hole elongated, I too will go with the bail attachment idea, I think that one is Solved.:thumbsup:

Gunrunner, It's nice to solve even a little piece of history.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back