Help me identify a rock/stone please.

Machxin

Apr 26, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rock my brother found at the house we lived in when young, built in the 1800's. After a storm and a lot of rain he found it in the yard. It is incredibly smooth and has that one distinct mark you see. I have absolutely no idea where this came from nor does my brother. We wondered where it came from because we have not seen any rocks like it. We suspect it is man made and are looking for ideas of its origins.

rock photo 1.jpgrock photo 2.jpgrock photo 3.jpgrock photo 4.jpgrock photo 5.jpg

I hope you have some luck finding out what it is, i actually have one similar to it.

Upvote 0
It is one of many like it that was used to de-burr metal. Much like a polisher for stones........... Lockheed used em for smoothing edges, etc. for airplane parts.

Upvote 0
It is one of many like it that was used to de-burr metal. Much like a polisher for stones........... Lockheed used em for smoothing edges, etc. for airplane parts.

Sorry my power has been out since yesterday early morning due to the storm hitting Missouri so I could not respond. Thank you for helping us with the information, that is awesome, would you know about when they were used?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back