✅ SOLVED Help ID'ing An Alva Museum Replica Brooch.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have searched everywhere looking for another with no luck. Obviously it's two birds. Other than that I'm at a loss as to what area of the world it is a replica of. Cast brass, two pieces. About 2 1/2" l x 1 3/8" w. Thanks. Here are some pics...

IMG_9360 (579x800).jpgIMG_9361 (565x800).jpg
IMG_9362 (800x367).jpg
IMG_9371 (800x705).jpg

Wow nice find right there! Middle eastern maybe or India. Funny how the back even looks like a frowning face.

Upvote 0
If you don't get an ID, consider contacting the museum. I had to do that last year and they gave the name of the artist who designed the brooch I found.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it has something to do with warding off evil spirits from the person who wears it. :icon_scratch:
Possibly having a function similar to the Native American tinkler.

Dave

Upvote 0
Well Dig... I notice you no longer give me "likes"...

Perhaps you will give me one now.

African Ashanti Tribe love birds.

Upvote 0
Well Dig... I notice you no longer give me "likes"...

Perhaps you will give me one now.

African Ashanti Tribe love birds.
Thank you for the ID AARC. I found it on Etsy after googling your keywords. Don't take it personally. I haven't been posting much lately these last few months, since my wife passed, less than a month after the doctors told her she was terminal and they couldn't do anything. Much less have I been on here at all, until this past couple weeks. It's been a big shock to my system. Hell, to my entire world. I'm still trying to get back into the everyday routine of life. Thanks again to you and the others who replied. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
:) I know... I forgot my smiling face earlier and twas meant as a joke... and I feel bad for forgetting to add it and was meant to make you smile... FOR...

I know you have been going through some tuff stuff lately... but I am glad I could help.. and why I did.

Anytime.

ARC

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back