Tango Kilo

Jul 1, 2013
Summerfield, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is another find from this past Saturday at an old cabin site. Found so many different things it is hard to figure out which generation was what. This is an old lock. Can't really make out any brand or verbiage on the lock. Was really rust and soil encrusted before cleaning.
Not a heavy type lock as far as density or weight. The case was more of a shell. You can look between the halves thickness wise and see the innards. IMG_7138.JPGIMG_7139.JPG Would like for someone to help identify and date this lock. I could not find anything on the internet resembling this lock.

Thanks

looks like those made by Oakleaf Lock Company, late 1800's

Correction: It was made by Wm. Enders Lock Co in their Oak Leaf line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks creskol. Yeah they are close and more than likely of that exact time period. What I can't find is any reference to the shape of the lock body. That would be the giveaway since it is not round and the tip of the 5 sided shape is down when latched and hanging. I think we are close. Wouldn't spend so much time on it but this one has me stumped. I have looked at hundreds of locks from that area on the internet and none the same shape. You are close though, I think. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks creskol. Yeah they are close and more than likely of that exact time period. What I can't find is any reference to the shape of the lock body. That would be the giveaway since it is not round and the tip of the 5 sided shape is down when latched and hanging. I think we are close. Wouldn't spend so much time on it but this one has me stumped. I have looked at hundreds of locks from that area on the internet and none the same shape. You are close though, I think. Thanks again.

I am pretty sure yours would be no. 12 in the photo below

Attachments

• Locks.jpeg
    Locks.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Wow creskol. You did have the correct reference info. That's it. Thank you for your help and information. We will mark this one solved.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
creskol. I am curious. What book or reference guide was my lock in that you attached?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back