help identifying a piece

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Ani ideas what this might be? I am at a loss. Any help greatly appreciated.

ForumRunner_20130113_202134.png

You might photograph the item next to a ruler. If the end is hollow and threaded inside, it may be a cleaning tip for a gun-cleaning rod. This tip holds a patch to swab the inside of a barrel. Happy hunting, Sub

Upvote 0
That is either off the end of a shot gun cleaning rod(holds a cloth patch),or off a "Fish Tape",flexable wire for pulling wire etc

Upvote 0
Its a little big for that, but I can see why you might think it was that given the shape of it and nothing to compare it to in terms of size. Here is another pic beside of 4 quarters

ForumRunner_20130113_213736.png

Upvote 0
10 or 12 gauge swab holder

edit: just saw Kuger's post so I'll change my post to: "what he said"

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. This was found at a roadside park under some decent size rock about 6 inches down. It has green patina coming thru and it looks to have been plated, not sure if silver was used but the plating is silver colored. Could have been nickel. most of the plating is gone. I think it is solid copper underneath.

Mystery finds like this is just one of many reasons that make me love this hobby.

Upvote 0
The only idea I had was one of those fishing needles to repair fishing nets. Are you near to the sea/water?

Upvote 0
may it was a small hammer handle ? i have seen small toy one with similar handles

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back