help identify this please...found with MD

kygirl1227

Apr 19, 2015
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while out on a farm in the middle of literally no where....way out in the woods by a creek. It was buried about a foot underground.. IMG_143848598843698.jpeg

How big is it?. I could say it looks like a chunk of a cast iron stove, but if it's measured in a couple inches, I'd be most likely wrong on that

Attachments

• size of it jim stuart.jpg
    size of it jim stuart.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Looks like part of a door to an old coal stove. Usually these are covered with layers of rust coming out of the ground, but hard to tell from the pic whether it is cast iron or not. If so that would explain the fragment, because old coal stoves are usually found that way...in many many pieces. Might want to check into Pittston Stoves, they used the star motif in their designs and even the Star of David, which is what I think you have there.

Upvote 0
I'll measure it tomorrow...but it's fairly big and heavy..I believe it is cast iron....thanks you all

Upvote 0
"Fairly Big" is a good measurement. I'm thinking a lot more it's a piece of a cast iron stove. Not that I know, but I'll put 50 cents on villiagenuts, claim of it being a piece of a Pittston stove.

Upvote 0
Lol, I just Googled what you all said it could be and Def think your right....couldn't find one with the star on it though....would love to find out about how old it is, hard telling what else is out there then....had to be someone living out there long ago....:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I looked for any kind of remains but found nothing, however I did find an old axe head way up on the hill under some brush

Upvote 0
I looked for any kind of remains but found nothing, however I did find an old axe head way up on the hill under some brush

Keep looking, I think you'll find a homestead near by, as 1320 stated.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back