• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 86
NO WAY That is freakin sweet!!! Looks super old Nice find

Upvote 0
Check the edge for the name BECKER, not saying its a Becker replica but much depends on where and how you got it. If you don't know the story of Becker he replicated many coins of the past, many called him a counterfeiter. He made many replica coins for museums and such. Many coin collectors are not a fan of his work.

Upvote 0
I think someone just posted on the recent finds a coin just like your

Upvote 0
Sorry for delayed espouse, I was out and about. Thanks for all of the replies! I'm from the States, West Coast, and got it at a flea market like setting.

Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That appears to be a coin from the Kushan Empire which spanned parts of what are now Russia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Northwestern India between c. AD30-375. I’m not 100% sure but it looks to be Kanishka I (Kanishka the Great) who ruled between AD 127–150. This one is a modern imitation:

Kushan.jpg

Yours looks like it might be authentic, although bronze plating over a silver-coloured interior would be a bad sign. Many Kushan coins were produced in gold and modern fakes exist which are plated white metal. A lower denomination coin would be all-bronze and a multiple of the drachm, with face value depending on size. If authentic, a dealer might be asking somewhere in the region of $150-$200 for one of those.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back