Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in Denton, TX. Inside has 10k (yay me!). Face has a lion and the four corners of the face are letters. Looks to me like F A A S when read from UL -> UR -> LL -> LR.

The letter in the lower left is that hardest to tell what it is. It could be an A, but also resembles a 4. I doubt the lower two are 4 5, because the ring is dated "19" on the left and "29" on the right side, but I suppose it could be 4 5. The only other thing I though was maybe it is F A S and the lower left is just a non-letter shape.

Thanks for any help.

1929 ring 1.jpg1929 ring.jpg

You know; I was sitting in church this morning and the thought came to me "you know, I bet that is an H" for FAHS. I just got home and checked your posts and sure enough I bet it is Forrest Ave HS. Thanks. NOw to see if I can get a class roster. The ring does have initials inside, so...

Upvote 0
[Aha! I found an online yearbook. If you provide the initials I'll even look them up for you! I not then Ill just give you the website.]
Just kidding I can't pay $20 for this, if you want to them here's the websitehttp://www.e-yearbook.com/sp/eybb?school=145&year=1929

Upvote 0
Thanks. I looked it up; the ring is a woman's ring and there is only one woman in the class with the initials. Zela Neal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've sent some emails to the Alumni Association and I also sent a message through Classmates.com to someone else with the same last name who graduated in 1950. I'm hoping they might be a relative. We'll see...

Upvote 0
Congrats on finding the High School and the year book. I hope you are succesfull in returning the ring, At least to a relative.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back