Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20240729_130904409_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240729_130904409_MP.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
If mine, I'd just go simple and sandblast it clean first and then see if I could just give it a paint job to look presentable. I see those from time to time in antique stores and my local Lafayette indoor flea market which opened up the year after I moved here now 34 years ago. A place I've found many treasures at over the years. Those things I believe go for around $25. to $35. it seems in unrestored as-is condition.

If mine, I'd just go simple and sandblast it clean first and then see if I could just give it a paint job to look presentable. I see those from time to time in antique stores and my local Lafayette indoor flea market which opened up the year after I moved here now 34 years ago. A place I've found many treasures at over the years. Those things I believe go for around $25. to $35. it seems in unrestored as-is condition.
Thanks for the reply Tamrock! I have 2 in my store! Im just hoping the brass seal is something important. I've always wanted a little sand blaster!!!

Thanks for the reply Tamrock! I have 2 in my store! Im just hoping the brass seal is something important. I've always wanted a little sand blaster!!!
Yeah it could likely have a seal related to some local history. You could soak it in vintage awhile and scrub it with a wire brush also. I did that on some old rusty stuff I've found around here and it loosens up the layers of rust somewhat.

I might add that I've used a brass bristle wire brush instead of steel after a white vinegar soak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back