✅ SOLVED HELP!! 1673 Cent? Copper stamped RS, Robert Sanderson???

icanhelpasap

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Pics

penny15.jpgpenny16.jpg

Upvote 0
Its on the side that is worn. We had a photographer friend take some pics but they came out funky so he is sending a file with them and hopefully we can have a better pic. But the date shows 673 with the 1 being worn off but it also says on the side with the date what looks like Dom and Marle around it.

Upvote 0
I can't find a pic of it but the description sounds a lot like this Irish trade token. It might have some nice value to it - though not in the range of an early American colonial coin.

Whyte's
1997 | Ireland
Lot 153 | Co. Wexford. Ross. Copper penny Obverse, The DILIGENT HAND/(RS divided by a tree). Reverse, Maketh. Rich. ROS/1D/1673

Co. Wexford. Ross. Copper penny Obverse, The DILIGENT HAND/(RS divided by a tree). Reverse, Maketh. Rich. ROS/1D/1673 (an arm holding a sword). Fine. W695

Upvote 0
I found a photo :) This is from "The Token Book" (Withers) - listed for 120gbp in Fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3914.jpg
    IMG_3914.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
I can't find a pic of it but the description sounds a lot like this Irish trade token. It might have some nice value to it - though not in the range of an early American colonial coin.

Bramblefind has nailed it! It does not say CENT, you are seeing the end of the word DILIGENT, you can see that the word spacing does match with what letters are readable "THE DILIGENT HAND)

Attachments

• penny15.jpg
    penny15.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Yeap, easy one, 17th C brass token, rare find in the US.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back