Hello from TX (DFW)

TxSoldier

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been curious and interested about metal detecting for some time and just recently started to do some more in depth research/reading. I think it could be a very fun thing for my boys and I to do together. I'm a gun guy and have been considering selling one of my 1911's to buy a nice detector. Was looking at the Garrett AT Pro, but not sure at all. Something under $800.

Anyways, just kinda worried about it also, because I'd hate to drop that much on a detector and then never get out and use it, or worse yet, just not find anything but trash. I've been trying to think of places to ask permission to go (Just south of Ft.Worth) because I really don't want to just walk parks, so I've been trying to think of where really old farmhouses are currently, or were, stuff like that.

I've been enjoying reading all about the other members finds and stories, etc. Still lots of reading left :thumbsup:

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. Just think about all the memories you will build with your boys if they enjoy MD'ng.

Wel-come to the ranks soldier ... :icon_salut:

Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Welcome TxSoldier,

The At pro is a fairly easy machine to master, you just need some quality time in the field. Do not rule out parks, as many of us forum members find old/new coins, gold/silver jewelry and nice relics.

Good Luck this season.

Regards,

Doc

Welcome and good hunting. Might want to buy a used detector and hang on to that 1911. Wish you well though. Just my opinion.

Welcome to Treasurenet from the Woodlands Texas! There are several detecting clubs in your area and I have a lot of customers/friends that hunt Ft Worth. I get up there about once a month to see my grandkids.

The Garrett AT Pro is a great detector for the price, and the Diggers Special package has some great accessories to get you started.. Easy to learn, good depth and it loves coins, jewelry and relics.

Give me a call if I can answer any questions for you.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

Metal Detecting Stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back