Hello from Northern Wisconsin

CoinShooter-Craig

Jan 3, 2009
Langlade Co , WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac / Tesoro Vaquero
I'm a memeber of a couple metal detecting forums and I just stumbled across this one the other day. I wish I would have found it sooner because it seems like a good place to talk to fellow detectorists / Treasure Hunters. Besides enjoying metal detecting , I like to fish for trout in rivers / streams , and play my Bass guitar in a classic rock cover band. :headbang:. We play central and Northern Wisconsin. I'm reluctant to post my picture , because I looked at a few recent mug shot posts and saw that several pretty women :icon_queen: have posted their pictures. What a tuff act to follow!!Anyways I'll go ahead and post a picture of me :tard: so you have an idea what I look like if you read any of my posts. Happy Hunting and I hope to get to know some of you soon. CoinShooter-Craig

Attachments

• 23 inch Wolf River Brown Trout 12.jpg
    23 inch Wolf River Brown Trout 12.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 521
  • Craig #12.jpg
    Craig #12.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 495
Nice trout brother, I be it tasted good! I am originally from next door in MN, near St. Cloud. Now I am out east in NC. Take care and good luck swingin that detector!

I'm not lookin for love , just people who share my same interests - Like metal detecting for example! CoinShooter-Craig
plehbah said:
Welcome, and good luck finding love on TreasureNet.

Ya , the trout is a decent size for an inland Brown Trout - even though I've lost bigger ones. And yes , it tasted good. I usually let 95% of my fish go , but I kept that one. CoinShooter-Craig
Muddy Waters in NC said:
Nice trout brother, I be it tasted good! I am originally from next door in MN, near St. Cloud. Now I am out east in NC. Take care and good luck swingin that detector!

Nice brown trout. I'm from up by Eagle River, I was talking to panelman a couple of nights ago. I see you play guitar, do you know Brucie? I don't want to say his last name, but he's the big guy in the band..

Ya I know them both Big and Little Brucie. I used to be in a band with little Brucie a while back - I'll PM you the details later. CoinShooter-Craig
seger98 said:
Nice brown trout. I'm from up by Eagle River, I was talking to panelman a couple of nights ago. I see you play guitar, do you know Brucie? I don't want to say his last name, but he's the big guy in the band..

Welcome Craig.
Great looking trout. :thumbsup: My family and I have vacationed up in Northern Wisconsin off and on since the 1960's, at Evergreen Lodge in Boulder Junction. I love that area. Lot's of great memories. My son, my brother, and I were just up there last June.
Love your choice of music (RUSH). My buddies and I used to go to RUSH concerts in the mid to late 70's. Ya gotta love "2112". ;D
Looking forward to seeing your finds,
MM
(Doug)

Attachments

• Wisconsin trip.jpg
    Wisconsin trip.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Wisconsin trip.jpg
    Wisconsin trip.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 352
Welcome to TNET/Mugs, used to slide through your area of Wisconsin via Keshena when traveling to
my parents home in St. Germain, miss that particular drive. (quicker since 29 went to 4 lanes)

Does your band have a site/myspace page?

Hi Doug. Thanks for the compliment on the trout. There is no beter three piece band than RUSH. Never has been and probably never will be.Geddy Lee is a Major influence on my Bass playing style. I kinda get a little funky like Flea in the Chili Peppers and a little wierd like Les in Primus. Mesh that alltogether and that kinda sums up my playing ( I guess you could throw a little Iron Maiden in there as well - Lol). Nice Northen Pike back at ya there. And yes "2112" is a masterpiece. Catch ya later and Happy Hunting. CoinShooter-Craig
ModernMiner said:
Welcome Craig.
Great looking trout. :thumbsup: My family and I have vacationed up in Northern Wisconsin off and on since the 1960's, at Evergreen Lodge in Boulder Junction. I love that area. Lot's of great memories. My son, my brother, and I were just up there last June.
Love your choice of music (RUSH). My buddies and I used to go to RUSH concerts in the mid to late 70's. Ya gotta love "2112". ;D
MM
(Doug)

Great pics of ya, Craig :thumbsup: Never had the opportunity to do any trout fishing in the mountains. I love trout fishing in the salt waters of Louisiana.

:wink: RR

welcome53 (2).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (2).jpg
    welcome53 (2).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 335
Nice Trout CSC :thumbsup:
Don't worry about your Mug shot the pretty ladies on T-net are just treasure hunters too :wink:

G1

Hi there Modern Miner (Doug) This is a Northern Pike that I caught within a 5 minute walk from my house. It caught it in the same river that I caught the Brown trout in the photo above out of. Don't mind my messy garage! Thanks for sharing your fish photo. I always enjoy seeing photos of fish and metal detecting finds. CoinShooter-Craig
ModernMiner said:
Welcome Craig.
MM
(Doug)

Attachments

• Wolf River 35 inch Northern Pike.jpg
    Wolf River 35 inch Northern Pike.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 323
CoinShooter-Craig said:
Hi there Modern Miner (Doug) This is a Northern Pike that I caught within a 5 minute walk from my house. It caught it in the same river that I caught the Brown trout in the photo above out of. Don't mind my messy garage! Thanks for sharing your fish photo. I always enjoy seeing photos of fish and metal detecting finds. CoinShooter-Craig
ModernMiner said:
Welcome Craig.
MM
(Doug)

Craig,
Now THAT's a fish!!!! Caught on a bucktail? You know in all the years I've fished up there I've never caught a Walleye yet. :'(
Here's a few more pix from our trip, my son Mike, and my corny brother Steve. :icon_jokercolor:
-Doug-

Attachments

• Musky hunter.jpg
    Musky hunter.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Mike the pike.jpg
    Mike the pike.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Mike the pike.jpg
    Mike the pike.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Musky hunter.jpg
    Musky hunter.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 281
I caught the northen pike on a jointed Rebel kinda like a rapala but a little different. I was fishing for some of the big smallmouth that are in the Wolf river and I ended up hooking that. You never know what your'e going to catch in the Wolf River. In the same area I caught the Northern in I missed a Musky that I know had to be over 50+ inches. Nice Musky by the way! Hes a fatty!! Don't worry the Walleye will come. Post lake dam in Langlade county has awesome walleyes in it. It's basically the Wolf river dammed up to make a lake and there is a big deep pool below the dam where the Walleyes and numerous other fish hang out. Gatta get back to work - break time is over. Thanks for posting the pics - looks like you have fun up here in Wisconsin. Catch ya later. CoinShooter-Craig
ModernMiner said:
CoinShooter-Craig said:
ModernMiner said:
Welcome Craig.
MM
(Doug)

Craig,
Now THAT's a fish!!!! Caught on a bucktail? You know in all the years I've fished up there I've never caught a Walleye yet. :'(
Here's a few more pix from our trip, my son Mike, and my corny brother Steve. :icon_jokercolor:
-Doug-

Thanks Craig.
My brother didn't catch much so he pulled that mounted Musky off the lodge wall and took a picture with it. ;D :tongue3:
Thanks for the Walleye info. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back