Hello from a newbie

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello all, I am new to this forum, and Metal Dtecting. Actually have been watching it for a few weeks, but just got my MD yesterday. I got a used Treasure Hunter MD3030. I don't know if its the best or worst, just wanted one, that I could afford, and to begin my new hobby. I have yet to use it, was too busy last night, but did turn it on and tried the tones on different coins and other metal objects. Looks like it will be fun. My daughter was also getting a kick out of it. Too bad she is too small to hold it, but soon. Well, hope to find something soon and show off my findings, like the rest of you.

Upvote 0
Welcome,

start diggin, and post some finds asap!

HH

Lonewolfe

yep, start working on those excuses ahead of time... addiction is a foregone conclusion... :D

Welcome to a great site! Good luck.

Welcome, Engraver to a great hobby and a great forum ! H H and Good Luck in the furure !

Huntin' 59er

Welcome to the hobby and the forum. You'll find everything you need here as you can probably figure out. There is a section for everyones interests here. Best of luck and looking forward to seeing your finds

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Hey hey, welcome. There are a bunch of good guys here ready to help all of us newbies. Just take your time and get to know your machine. Like you I just got mine this week and already love it, if not just to have an excuse to get out in the fresh air lol.

WELCOME to the forum ?;D - this is the best Forum for metal detecting ~ ! (shameless plug) - i am sure your detector will be fine - there's nothing like that first find - keep us posted - let us know what u find LBP

Welcome to the Hobby and the forum Engraver,You can't go back from this point, Your now addicted. Dig & Post,DIG & POST, DIG & POST.

Welcome to the forum and to a great hobby. I've been metal detecting since Feb. and I'm truely addicted to it. Keep us posted on how things are going. Good luck!!

Welcome ENGRAVER .I'm not familiar with the MD3030 .
I hope it gets you off to a good start on a very interesting and exciting addiction.
Practice makes perfect. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the MD3030, but I am familiar with MD2020 (Mad Dog 2020) from my high school days. Anybody remember that stuff??? UGH! Upsets my stomache just thinking of that now! LOL

vicki

Jump right in and start looking. Your best experience will be from doing rather than from reading. But what you can learn from reading at this site is very, very valuable.

Use your machine in your own yard a few times to get familiar with how it works and how it responds to buried objects. The more you use it the more familiar you will become with it.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back