Hello Everyone

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say HI and thank everyone posting here for the outstanding info you share. I,ve been swinging my Goldmaster occasionally the past 7 years or so (No Gold yet! a little silver and clad), but now that the kids are gone the wife and I have more time for ourselves to play! I have decided to buy a coin shooter soon and have narrowed it down to a MXT or an SE. Need to test drive them both first. We both love to get lost in Nevada, exploring old ghost towns and mining sites, and are amateur rockhounds. Hopefully, when our 8 feet of snow melts, I can get out and find some items to share here. We live in the High Sierras, and the winters are waaaaaayyyyyyyy to long.
This pic was taken on a Arizona trip last fall. Looking to buy some land there and fly south soon.
Once again, thanks to all the friendly people posting here and hope to post some finds soon.
HH
Steve

Attachments

• MeandTamGC-1.jpg
    MeandTamGC-1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 440
That's what I'm talking about! Enjoy! Kids though seem to be like yoyo's the first couple years on their own though. ;D

Enjoy. You can't go wrong with either detector although the MXT does have dedicated circuitry for finding (natural) gold.

Welcome to Mugs and Tnet! So glad you guys joined us here and looking forward to seeing what all you find when the snowbank melts! Happy Hunting!!

Welcome to Mugs. Look forward to seeing your finds after all that snow melts!!

Welcome to Mugs! I took my last vacation to Arizona (it has been several years) with my gold detector, a Fisher Gold Bug-2. I think I'd found some small nuggets, but realized too late what they where. Same way with this rock which had a metal signal even in the hot rock eliminating mode. I seen a metallic looking spot on the edge, but thought it must be a little silver (wasn't too interested in small bits of silver). I believe now the rock must have contained gold, bright mid day sunlight in the desert can make any metal look silver. Some Arizona gold contains a lot of silver anyway, it really must be cleaned first to see what you have. Next time I'll know better.

Nice pic, thanks for sharing it with us.

Hey Steve,

Nice to see ya!...great pic of you & your wife. Love that scenery in the background. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

Welcome3.gif

Attachments

• Welcome3.gif
    Welcome3.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 285
Hi guys and gals,
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lets see if I can respond to the posts in the right order. Still figuring out this forum.

We call our kids "Boomerangs" although we do tell them they are YO-YO's once in a while. We have 4 and the 22 yo is back for awhile.

Average snow outside is 5 feet but have 8 foot mounds each side of the driveway. Melting quick though, its been warm this week. Looks like there is some melted beach along the lakeshore. Might have to strap on the snow shoes and see if anything is left from last summer. If not, probably run out to Rye Patch and try to find some unclaimed land to nugget shoot on. Any Nevada people out there to give me some ideas?

I have decided on either a MXT or a X-Terra 70. They both have a propecting mode but I have a GM V/Sat that works like a champ. I have found deep .22 bullets and birdshot with it, just have'nt got gold under the coil yet. It isin't a coin machine thus the new purchase.

The pic is at the grand canyon. Camped out at the rim and explored the next day. I was there in 1972 (Hiked down to the river and back up in 3 hours. Young and dumb that many years ago.) Today I could get down there, but would need a helicopter ride back up.:o It was the wifes first time, and you can see by her smile she was awestruck. For all you folks that have'nt been there, GO!, pictures or videos just don't do it justice.

Good Luck and HH to all
Steve

nice picture of the 2 of you enjoy your time together time flys by fast the snow will soon be gone and you will soon be finding treasures and gold I don't think you can go wrong with the MXT for a all around detector good luck have fun Bob :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back