Jackals1980

Jul 31, 2024
I came to this site after finding a treasure that I was trying to find information on. I found this in southern Arkansas on the surface just lying there. I believe it is from a sunken vessel because it was found on the edge of a water source. Any information on this would be appreciated. I am in then process of connecting with Heritage to be auctioned off. Thank you for checking out my post, happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_180740027.jpg
    IMG_20240727_180740027.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240727_160745004.jpg
    IMG_20240727_160745004.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 15
Thank you! I am feeling that I posted wrong or something because I only see my title and not the actual thread....hmmmm

I came to this site after finding a treasure that I was trying to find information on. I found this in southern Arkansas on the surface just lying there. I believe it is from a sunken vessel because it was found on the edge of a water source. Any information on this would be appreciated. I am in then process of connecting with Heritage to be auctioned off. Thank you for checking out my post, happy hunting!
It appears to be a drachma (or similar--may also be Persian--IDK :dontknow: ) of a type I'm not familiar with, so my first thought is, "Is it live or Memorex?" (Is it real, or a reproduction?), especially considering how/where it was found. If I were to venture a guess, it would be reproduction.

If you're working with Heritage Auctions, I would think they'd be--or have/know--experts in this area, who should be able to determine its authenticity.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back