Hello , and poor baby lucky me

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
Hi all, This is my first post I have been visiting for quite a while. I have been metal detecting
for about 2 years. My wife bought me a crappy pioneer 101 for Christmas to see if I would like
it. I have read you can tell the diffrence between stuff by the beeps but I guess my ears don't
work well because everything sounds the same, unless it is like a car or metal slide at the playground.
So I dig everything and it is not uncommon for me to come home with a bag full of nails. My
birthday is next week and my wife is going to buy me a DFX.? ;D

I would like to share what I found this weekend while camping with my family. I was not getting
anything on land except new pennies and junk all friday and saturday. So I was always skeptical of
going in the water with the thing, but said screw it. I don't care if it starts shooting sparks and smoke.
My daughter with her little sand box sifter was going threw my discoveries. We found a lot of new change,
and then she pulled up the 14k heart ring. We went for a little more and then it got dark. The next morning
we tried our luck a little more and found the other 14k ring about 20 feet from where we got the heart.
My father in law must have got gold fever or something because I have never seen him run so fast to get
changed and jump in the water to help me out. We didn't find anything else besides washers and nails. I'll post
some of my older finds when I have more time.

forgot to add they are both really small baby rings, they fit my 2 year old son

babyrings.jpg

Upvote 0
holy cow!

Great finds

You will love the DFX my friend. I have one and I would sleep with it if my wife didnt take up so much room in bed(just kidding dear)

:)

Feel free to email or message me if you want a few pointers on the new machine. I am by no means an expert but, if i can help just let me know

JT

Welcome Maggot, nice finds.

I too am from Washington and I have owned a DFX for a few months now. It's a good machine and I am still trying to master all the features. It can be a simple turn on and go, or you can spend hours trying to max out it's potential.

Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding those rings ! Your finds should get better and better as you learn that new DFX. Keep us posted. H H !

Huntin' 59er

Welcome, Mag, nice story.? Congratulations on the rings.? Nice story telling, too!

You better be on your best behavior this week. ;D Your wife could go for a birthday tie instead.

Hey Maggot....Welcome to the site! DFX huh? You're about to leave the larval stage and take wing my friend!!! (Just a little insect humor around your avatar) ;D If you did this well with a 101, you're gonna kick A with a Whites....Top of the line no less! Keep postin' your finds~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back