Feb 26, 2013

Attachments

• image-3141959883.jpg
    image-3141959883.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 188
  • image-618901141.jpg
    image-618901141.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 158
The backstamp is too fuzzy to make out. If it is the heiress pattern just search ebay and look at sold listings .Looks like you did very well.

Last edited:
Cash in the hand is nice sometime..but note a set of 23 forks knives and spoons and 3 serving pieces similar to yours went for 800 on ebay. The first thing you need to do is get those weighed, knives separate from the rest if you can.

If it all weigh up to about 2lbs you are looking at scrap value of about of 400 600 at a minimum and proably more than that. That is just a glance and i am no expert and i have never sold silver or gold..so do your research. If you do not have a scale..toss it into two boxes , and stop at the post office and ask them to weigh it and see how much it would cost to shop to another zip code. I have done that myself because i needed to know shipping costs for something i was sending overseas.

Lot 1019 grams Sterling Silver Oneida Heirloom Scrap or not Heiress Pattern | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cash in the hand is nice sometime..but note a set of 23 forks knives and spoons and 3 serving pieces similar to yours went for 800 on ebay. The first thing you need to do is get those weighed, knives separate from the rest if you can.

If it all weigh up to about 2lbs you are looking at scrap value of about of 400 600 at a minimum and proably more than that. That is just a glance and i am no expert and i have never sold silver or gold..so do your research. If you do not have a scale..toss it into two boxes , and stop at the post office and ask them to weigh it and see how much it would cost to shop to another zip code. I have done that myself because i needed to know shipping costs for something i was sending overseas.

Lot 1019 grams Sterling Silver Oneida Heirloom Scrap or not Heiress Pattern | eBay

I kno a jewelry store guy up the street so I'm hoping he will weigh it for me. Ill prob post here once I sell it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm excited for you. Remember..just say "I will think about it" and check out at least 3 places for quotes. Its hard to resist when they flash the cash but I have the feeling based on those ebay listings your set is worth at LEAST 800 as you have 33 pieces not 25. That would be for antique value I guess. Scrap value I am not sure. Its a shame you can not put it on ebay.

I'm excited for you. Remember..just say "I will think about it" and check out at least 3 places for quotes. Its hard to resist when they flash the cash but I have the feeling based on those ebay listings your set is worth at LEAST 800 as you have 33 pieces not 25. That would be for antique value I guess. Scrap value I am not sure. Its a shame you can not put it on ebay.

I thought about eBay but I have a few bills due since I just moved here and haven't found a job yet. I may start garage sale hunting to make a few bucks on eBay.

First thing, get yourself a scale that weighs grams & troy oz. I just sold a sterling set for $1500.00 which was 10% over scrap. I have several scales, but one can be bought for under $20.00. Usually a sterling knife w/stainless handle will weigh 1/2 oz. scrap. Good luck

I sold the set for $550. The jeweler was nice and didn't try to scam me. I went to Victorian brothers antiques on Staten Island and they apparently only buy from auctions.

I sold the set for $550. The jeweler was nice and didn't try to scam me. I went to Victorian brothers antiques on Staten Island and they apparently only buy from auctions.
If you both were happy with the deal, I would say the value of the items was.....$550.
Congrats and HH

Rick

If you both were happy with the deal, I would say the value of the items was.....$550.
Congrats and HH

Rick

Lol thanks Rick. Not to mention I learned a valuable lesson about going to garage sales and finding things to resell. The lesson is to do it!

Good deal. That will help i am sure. Think about ebay... if you do not have paypal be aware there may be a period of time where paypal holds your money starting out till you have a record.

Good deal. That will help i am sure. Think about ebay... if you do not have paypal be aware there may be a period of time where paypal holds your money starting out till you have a record.

How much of a record do you think? I haven't sold or bought anything on eBay in about 10 years. I was able to log into my Paypal account the other day though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back