Heavy iron and a surprise

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver. Found a 1900 Barber quarter sitting on the surface after digging 9 railroad spikes. Think the rains unearthed it. Also dug my first spoon, copper plated with ?? Even has gold gilt. Found a bottle dump next to what I believe is a cellar hole (from which I got this buckle a couple weeks back) Tons of broken mason jars, lots of blue/greenish glass.

I understand they were common but does anyone have an idea of when copper spoons were popular?

MOSQUITOS ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED! Thermocell and bug spray have no effect.

1900barber.JPG spoon.JPG

buckle.jpg

Upvote 9
Spoon has a star, then says R&P or R&B maybe?

Welcome to T Net!

Great first silver quarter! Congrats! Nice buckle too.
Sorry can't help ya with the spoon.

Try Avon's skin so soft body oil spray as a mosquito replant, people say it works. You have to find something they don't like.

Skin-so-soft was Mom's answer to everything when I was a kid. Thanks for reminding me.

Sweet Barber, I believe the spoon was once plated silver. A plated copper spoon was cheaper to make than one completely out of silver I presume.

that's a great barber and that buckle is really cool too, good job

Love the Barber

NICE SPOON AND DOES THE BUCKLE HAVE ON IT PARIS?

Buckle has a star and then the letters "P A R I S". Paris Suspender Co. from what I gather, mid to late 1800's. Spoon was silver or nickel plated 1879 Fiddle spoon from Rogers & Bro's. Found identical match. Listed as a cheap, lesser quality silverware.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back