Heat wave diving finds, thank god for rivers!

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to take a month off from diving here in the Northeast due to heavy rains swelling the rivers and several people drowning in rivers here. Yesterday I was able to get back into a newer location for me where I recovered a civil war token last month. This time I got the Army and Navy Federal Union must be preserved token from 1861-64 along with a gilded B & M RR coat button and the usual pipes and marbles I always find.

Attachments

• DIVE#2013-7.jpg
    DIVE#2013-7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DIVE#2013-8.jpg
    DIVE#2013-8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 226
  • DIVE#2013-8a.jpg
    DIVE#2013-8a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DIVE#2013-8b.jpg
    DIVE#2013-8b.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 246
  • DIVE#2013-8c.jpg
    DIVE#2013-8c.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 16
Always looking for your posts riverdiver! Great saves and gives me inspiration to get into
the silty, black-waters that I'm stuck with here in Georgia.

Well war-digs-it, if you ever come north of the Mason Dixon line, look me up and I'll show you what you are missing like clear warm water with sandy digging!
I will be back at it on Monday so I will have more to post.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Being in the water beats the ----(insert a four letter word of your choice) of trying to dig in 100+ heat. Great finds from the river! Any idea why you find so many marbles?

Hey Matt,

You've got the sharp eyes to find such excellent smalls under the water. Anything interesting in pipe city?

I do know why there's a few hundred marbles in the lake by me...

slingshot.gif

You would love England, very few people search rivers here, yet I know they are full of old finds.:thumbsup:

SS

I think I'll be getting a little wet today myself...hitting a creek or two! Nice finds!

You would love England, very few people search rivers here, yet I know they are full of old finds.:thumbsup:

SS

Always wondered about that and as the field finds dry up (like that will ever happen) folks might start hitting the river waters more.

Great assortment of river finds liking the token and pipes.

Congrats on the token and nice button. :thumbsup: Those pipes are cool. WTG

Be safe out there!

HH

Always wondered about that and as the field finds dry up (like that will ever happen) folks might start hitting the river waters more.

Great assortment of river finds liking the token and pipes.
Check this out, and just up the road from me....

great finds. that CW token is sweet

Nice finds, would love to get up that way and hunt with you sometime.

Hi Surf,

Nothing out of the ordinary with the exception of the pipe in the first photo that lacks a heel, it is slightly older than the other 3, the4 others all had the usual
T. D. on the back of the bowl.

Hi Silver Searcher,

That video was fantastic and you are correct that I would love England, I am a regular visitor to the British metal detecting site Thames and Field as my whole immediate family is from England with the exception of me, I was born in California in the 60's. I have visited once when I was a child but would love to come out as an adult and bring the dive gear and do that same river or any others with Roman history.

Nice scores !

Nice finds. Our creeks and rivers are swollen here. Crazy for July.

Bayou Joe,
come on up, one of my best partners connected with me here on T-NET and comes out every September to dive for artifacts, he's been at it 10 years with me now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back