Havent been out much lately. All of my silver from 8 months of detecting in the

D

distelrath

same square block. I have obtained permission from a few old farm houses that haven't produced a single coin lately. At one of them I made a mistake and was hunting when the old woman had come home from church. She gave me the 3rd degree about doing that sort of think on the lord's day. I promised her that I would go to church the next sunday and left. I have been back once since but it makes me feel kind of akward hunting her yard because I am a "heathen" in her eyes now. Anyways, here is all the silver that I found within a square block of my house (actually, it isn't even a block... pretty much the church across the street, the house across the street, the community center next door, and the house next door).. pretty good findings for such few places if you ask me... here's the pic...

Attachments

• pilesilver.JPG
    pilesilver.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0
Wow! That's a nice neighborhood!

Re: Havent been out much lately. All of my silver from 8 months of detecting in

lol yeah.. I guess that living in the "sticks" (about 6 miles from the main strip in Clarksville tennessee, but to the north towards Kentucky, where nobody wants to go LOL).. I think the old woman's house who shoo'ed me away for not being in church has been hunted before. She has been there for the last 20 years and does not recall anybody hunting her yard before, but almost as a bad omen she told me that I would not find anything in her yard. <sigh>.. There's GOT to be some silver in her yard, dangit! lol

Don't despair Distel. I hear that alot too. Depression era folks don't want to believe that they've ever dropped any money, anywhere, anytime. There's silver in her yard ;) Go get it~CO2

You know I use a tesoro tejon, and I find that it is usually a good (silver colored) clad if it still beeps with the discrimination all the way up. It also beeps like that if it is a real silver coin. There is an old tree stump in the front yard that has roots all over the place. I have broken 3 gardening shovels trying to get under the root to find the prize. As a matter of fact one of the tips of the shovel is still in the hole (I cant find it) which screws my pinpointing up. I am thinking about getting one of those "wire saws" and slowly but surely finding the prize underneath. I know it is a coin I can feel it. One of these days... Sheesh I am full of wind tonight!

so sweet thats silver been good to you keep at it!

nice silver, I have yet to find my silver coin(s)
HH
scav.

Nice silver!

Hey, when did they stop making silver dimes and stuff? what year exactly?

Rod

Rod that would be 1964 for most coins. Some of the half's were partial silver for a few years after that.

Colorado2 said:
Don't despair Distel. I hear that alot too. Depression era folks don't want to believe that they've ever dropped any money, anywhere, anytime. There's silver in her yard ;) Go get it~CO2

You don't know my Grand Parents then!

I detected their yard (2 acres) on several occasions for hrs at a time and found a total of 6 wheat pennies (besides some clad) but NO silver to be had NO WHERE! :( I did find one of MY cool Red Line Hot Wheels from when I was a kid out in the pine tree area (it's not in mint shape, but on the scale used to grade them 1 thru 10, it's a 7)!

My Grand mother ruled with an iron fist and pinched every penny my grand dad brought home! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back