Have no idea......

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• whats it 1.jpg
    whats it 1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 449
  • whats it 2.jpg
    whats it 2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 445
  • whats it 3.jpg
    whats it 3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 443
very nice! almost looks like some sort of paper or money clip :icon_scratch:
can't wait to find out!

Upvote 0
Does it look as though it's been folded? I wonder if it's a flat piece of brass ornamentation that's been folded up and discarded?

Upvote 0
I think folded brass too. Maybe from an old piece of luggage or steamer trunk.

Dig deeper.....maybe the rest of the trunk is under there... :thumbsup:

Al

Upvote 0
It was made folded this way. Steamer trunk, there were several steamers that came to this site back in the 1800.s. I just wish I knew for sure. Thanks for the comments.
Its possible it could have been pressed together some. Something like a corner piece, or something like that.

Upvote 0
Old River said:
It was made folded this way. Steamer trunk, there were several steamers that came to this site back in the 1800.s. I just wish I knew for sure. Thanks for the comments.
Its possible it could have been pressed together some. Something like a corner piece, or something like that.
Are you sure? It looks like stamped brass, and in your third photo I can see both the front and the back of the piece. Seems like that isn't something they would do for a decorative item. But! I'm not holding it, so it's just an opinion. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I took the chance to open it up with breaking it. I had to hold my breath. Now I believe it was the corner ornament from something. I sure appreciate your opinion, if it hadn't have be for it I probably wouldn't have done this. All opinions are welcome. Thank you.
Here are some pictures of it opened up, Front, and Back.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 228
  • back 3.jpg
    back 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
Old River said:
I took the chance to open it up with breaking it. I had to hold my breath. Now I believe it was the corner ornament from something. I sure appreciate your opinion, if it hadn't have be for it I probably wouldn't have done this. All opinions are welcome. Thank you.
Here are some pictures of it opened up, Front, and Back.
Beautiful! You nailed it, good job!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back