Have I found someone of value? Gordon + Earnhardt

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this up for bid tonight at an auction and picked it up for $2. It's a 3d mug.... But it's messed up. It has Jeff Gordon in all of the 3d parts around it and has Dale Earnhardt sr as the picture. It's supposed to look like the one in the link below. With Jeff as the picture. I've tried looking all over the net for info on this cup. The link is the only thing that I can find with the Jeff Gordon mug... As far as the combo of the two I haven't been able to find any info. Would appreciate any info you can give me about this. Thank you.

Jeff Gordon NASCAR Sports Racing Beer Mug Thailand for sale

Attachments

• cup 1.jpg
    cup 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 102
  • cup 2.jpg
    cup 2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 93
  • cup 3.jpg
    cup 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 104
  • cup 4.jpg
    cup 4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 107
  • cup.jpg
    cup.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 93
That's funny I saw one just like it today, but only it was Jeff Gordon. The lady wanted two bucks for it but I passed because I didn't know enough about it and it was made in Thailand. I'll be interested to see what you find out and if I messed up by not buying it today!

That's funny I saw one just like it today, but only it was Jeff Gordon. The lady wanted two bucks for it but I passed because I didn't know enough about it and it was made in Thailand. I'll be interested to see what you find out and if I messed up by not buying it today!
Was it just the Jeff Gordon or was it both of them?

Must be an error or misprint mug. Someone will pay extra for it. How much extra... who knows? Cool find!

I don't know specifically about the mug but I do have some experience with NASCAR stuff. A buddy of mine has a boatload of NASCAR collectibles that he wanted to sell. He knew I did a lot of ebay stuff and he offered to split the proceeds with me if I would sell them for him. I spent a couple of hours researching a bunch of his things on ebay. The results were not encouraging. NASCAR has apparently done an excellent job marketing merchandise to their fans because there is TONS of it (especially the little cars) on ebay and very little of it sells. I finally told him I would only list a few of his things that I thought had a chance. The only thing that sold was a Dale Earnhardt, Sr. wallet which sold for $10. Earnhardt, Sr. stuff does seem pretty popular so I think you might do OK with your mug. NASCAR guys do tend to like beer! Good luck.

I don't know specifically about the mug but I do have some experience with NASCAR stuff. A buddy of mine has a boatload of NASCAR collectibles that he wanted to sell. He knew I did a lot of ebay stuff and he offered to split the proceeds with me if I would sell them for him. I spent a couple of hours researching a bunch of his things on ebay. The results were not encouraging. NASCAR has apparently done an excellent job marketing merchandise to their fans because there is TONS of it (especially the little cars) on ebay and very little of it sells. I finally told him I would only list a few of his things that I thought had a chance. The only thing that sold was a Dale Earnhardt, Sr. wallet which sold for $10. Earnhardt, Sr. stuff does seem pretty popular so I think you might do OK with your mug. NASCAR guys do tend to like beer! Good luck.
One of the main reasons I don't buy NASCAR collectibles. Resale sucks. I do like the races though.

Thanks for the info everyone. I've never actually sold on ebay, just bought. I'm not sure how to figure out shipping prices... But I need to figure it out. I've got a ton of items I need to put on there.

I'm not sure how to figure out shipping prices
There are a couple of ways to go. You can go to the USPS web site where they have a shipping calculator. Or, you can look at what other ebay sellers charge to ship similar items. Or you can list your item as "free" shipping. Sellers generally ask (and often get) a little higher price if they don't charge for shipping.

Here is the link for the USPS shipping calculator: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back