40.6 KB · Views: 1,788
  • Derringer3.jpg
    Derringer3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 951
Upvote 0
Very cool!!
HH
Baggins

Nice derringer. I found a small piecs of one last year. Looks much better when its all in one piece.

Super cool and in fantastic shape! I remember a couple of those kicking around when I was in grade school.

I once had an FIE .38 caliber derringer that looked quite like that...

LoL! I was afraid to shoot it! Only did, twice....

HH
rmptr

rmptr... I have a FIE .38 Derringer... carry it with me all the time... I shot it all the time at a range....

It could come in handy some day... lol

Attachments

• 38 Derringer.jpg
    38 Derringer.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 739
Excellent find :)

HH

Yep!
That's it, Benny...

The swing up barrels were looser than I cared for, and tt just kinda made me nervous.... so I only fired it the two times to prove it.
I loaded up a couple reversed148gr semi wadcutters and used it as a carry-concealed option.

Glad to hear yours has been safe and reliable!

Had a friend with a derringer chambered for .357 mags and that REALLY put out a blast!
Couldn't hardly hang on to it!

Remembering back then, we had a Ruger six gun that was chambered for .30 M-1 carbine rounds...
THAT thing had such a sharply pitched report it was real hard on the ears.
Ear muffs were an absolute for shooting that gun!

It's just not wise to do any target shooting without ear protection...
We were quite a bit more casual way back then.

rmptr

rmptr

See that screw above the trigger...... that keeps the swing up barrels tight...... I think that's the key... keep 'em fairly tight.... I use 158 gr round nose as pictured.... they seem to work the best...

I don't think I'd be able to hold on to a .357 mag derringer :o but the .38 is a great concealed weapon.... fits in any pocket with out it being detected...... and although it's a belly gun... I hit the paper at 50 feet consistently..... I also carry a CAT 9 at times.....

Ear and eye protection, I believe, is a must for target shooting...... Unless of course you're off the range and facing some SOB ! ::)
But you're right... years back we didn't use any protection.... between that and playing in loud R&R bands my hearing has suffered... :'(

It helps when the wife's talking though ! :icon_sunny: What's that honey ! :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back