Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, does this piece look like any hat badge you guys have seen before?

Or is it just a decorative piece from something?

hatbadge (2).jpg
hatbadge (1).jpg

Thanks!

That's ok guys. Don't fret it.

That's about as far as I got when I tried to research the pattern. :dontknow:

I guess they can't all be figured out. ;)

Upvote 0
It's possible it could be a hat badge as well as some other type of military or Americana piece. What's the material? Is it thin like sheet brass or does it have some thickness? Can you post a pic of the back.

Neat find :)
Breezie

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's possible it could be a hat badge as well as some other type of military or Americana piece. What's the material? Is it thin like sheet brass or does it have some thickness? Can you post a pic of the back.

Breezie

Hi Breezie!

I guess I really didn't give a lot of info, did I.

This piece is an extremely thin, pressed bit. So thin that it seems too fragile to last any time in the ground at all! Yet, it did and is fairly strong! I believe it's tin/brass/etc. Non-magnetic.
I see remnants of what I'm assuming is the letter "U" on the left and a "S" on the right.The back view shows a bit of reddish oxide. :dontknow:

Here's a couple more pics in the light of day.

hatbadge (3).jpg
hatbadge (4).jpg
hatbadge (5).jpg

Upvote 0
You would need to look for a badge with an eagle on it taking flight, not one that is spread and perched or standing.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Ya know? There is some similarity between this and the Illinois State Seal. :dontknow:
Whatcha think?

Upvote 0
I looked at this for a while yesterday and saw nothing close. It could be from a military academy or from a band uniform from the late 19th C. Every town had a marching band back then.

Where did you find it?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I looked at this for a while yesterday and saw nothing close. It could be from a military academy or from a band uniform from the late 19th C. Every town had a marching band back then.

Where did you find it?

DCMatt

Oh, I found it near an old mansion. Dates go way back, but there's also a lot of history all along the way to now.

I was just hoping that the pattern would be recognized as a known something. Guess not.

Don't fret it too much. Just a shot in the dark.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back