Has anyone ever found a cache of old coins?

while I have never found a large cache...and certainly nothing that compares to the story in the link posted above...I did find a mini cache. Actually, I've only been detecting for 6 or 7 months now...and 3 months after I purchased my first machine, I found a miniature cache about 3.4" deep. It contained 6 coins in total, all stacked right on top of each other. 1 canadian dime, 1 u.s. dime, 1 canadian 5 cent, 2 canadian large cents, and a british coin. The ranged in dates from 1750 - 1887. It was by far my most exciting day of detecting thus far...and will be tough to beat.

Wess

Wow...I'm still drooling over the cache in that story!!!

My only? Cache was a neatly stack'd pile? of Presidential Tokens, buried at 2nd. base in a ball diamond, I forget the exact number. many years ago, before I kept records.

Though it's no comparison to that awesome cache above, I found a mini cache in April of this year. I found 13 old coins (9 of them silver), and a broken 14k gold ring in the same hole. This was next to the foundation of an long gone house. I'm guessing it was probably a childs cache since a pocket spill of that size would not go unnoticed. Here's a pic, as well as another pic with a Walking liberty I found 4 feet away from the cache.

site1017.jpg

Below is the Walker along with the two Franklins after I cleaned them.

site1018.jpg

NICE FIND, Silverseeker. looks like it was put there in either 54 or 55, as the majority appear to be 1954's . I don's see anything newer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back