✅ SOLVED Has anybody seen something like this?

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on a home site in the abandoned 1800's village. thought it was junk at first, until i noticed the little circle attachment thing. my first thought was pendant or charm for a necklace but seems kinda big for that. has anybody seen something similar before?

524BE0C0-5656-41C3-8184-10A4D1DDF07A.jpeg

Found on a home site in the abandoned 1800's village. thought it was junk at first, until i noticed the little circle attachment thing. my first thought was pendant or charm for a necklace but seems kinda big for that. has anybody seen something similar before?

View attachment 2094550
Definitely interesting and has captured my interest. I guess what’s going through my mind is what might have fit in the center. I’m also imagining it as shiny brass color. Maybe a neck pendant? Either way great find!

Upvote 2
Definitely interesting and has captured my interest. I guess what’s going through my mind is what might have fit in the center. I’m also imagining it as shiny brass color. Maybe a neck pendant? Either way great find!
thats what i picture too, a shiny brass or copper finish. Im not sure if anything was in the middle or not. i dont see any grooves or anything. hmmmm
May be an ornament.
That's actually a good guess. its a little small by today's Christmas ornament sizes. But who knows back then it could of been the standard. maybe it use to be green or had something more on it and was a Christmas wreath. I did find it about 75 feet from the cellar hole. maybe thats the spot he dragged his old x-mas tree out to and forgot he left an ornament attached...lol

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back