Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't camp here, just back checking it out. North of Newspaper Rock and about 15 miles south of Canyonlands. Got Maria to camp here with me one time. I'm pretty sure she believes that if hell is full, this is where they will send the overflow. There's no water, but looked like Indian Creek over to the east had some, which I'm sure will fade away soon. No wind, not a cloud in the sky, and at 9:30 a.m. it was 95 and rising. It is a fee camping area. Best advice I can give you is if you want shade in the afternoon, camp on the east side. Shade in the morning, camp on the west side. I'd take the east side. Stays warm at night cause those rocks store up that heat in the day. You can spot a lot of artifacts here, and probably more of a winter campsite. Great place. And right now it's only 57 degrees here in Summit County, and I'm glad of it.
6-j7.jpg
6-d9.jpg
6-h7.jpg
6-e7.jpg

One thing I would like for folks to remember, and I might be preaching to the choir, you have to stay hydrated. If you stop sweating, you go to pee and it's bright yellow and only a few drops, you're in trouble. Hold back on the caffeine and alcohol, drink water even if you're not thirsty. I was hiking in Palo Duro Canyon TX in the summer one time 105 degrees, and a guy dropped on the trail farther down. He was from Massachusetts. EMT's said it was probably heat exhaustion, and he was DRT. (Dead Right There)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back