Half of a Half Penny- George 1 (1714-1727)

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little play time so I went back to a site that I recently found. I was hoping to find a coin or two but didn't expect to find a half of a half penny. It appears to be a George 1 (1714-1727) with George facing right. His nose can be seen on the obverse and Britannia's trident in left hand on the reverse. Also found was an repaired octangle sleeve button, pewter buttons and a nice cross hatch pattern button. Maybe I can find the other half of the half penny!

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 50
  • half1.png
    half1.png
    249.2 KB · Views: 31
  • half 4.jpg
    half 4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 31
  • half2.jpg
    half2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 27
  • half3.jpg
    half3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 29
  • half 5.jpg
    half 5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 22
Finding the other half penny half may be quite the task.. Who knows where it could have been taken after differences were split.. Never really know though? matching halves half may have been picked up by another somewhere or was lost during exchange..?
Very nice find! That button is a beaut, great finds all around! Congrats.:icon_thumleft::occasion14:

I had a little play time so I went back to a site that I recently found. I was hoping to find a coin or two but didn't expect to find a half of a half penny. It appears to be a George 1 (1714-1727) with George facing right. His nose can be seen on the obverse and Britannia's trident in left hand on the reverse. Also found was a repaired octangle sleeve button, pewter buttons and a nice cross hatch pattern button. Maybe I can find the other half of the half penny!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back