All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSC_0522_01 [50%].JPG
    DSC_0522_01 [50%].JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0523_01 [50%].JPG
    DSC_0523_01 [50%].JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 143
Shame about the condition because it definitely looks like a St. Patrick's Farthing if I'm seeing the T right. It's the right location. I can't find anything else that seems to match... yet. In person you might be able to confirm.

Attachments

• M00267X4.JPG
    M00267X4.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Dsc_0522_01 [50%]a.jpg
    Dsc_0522_01 [50%]a.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm fairly convinced that's what it is. If you look at the raised crud that was the detail, it's raised in the right place. Pretty good find there, and don't recall ever seeing one posted. Hopefully you can confirm it without a doubt.

Attachments

• Dsc_0522_01 [50%]b.jpg
    Dsc_0522_01 [50%]b.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
I think your onto something there Iron Patch. What site did you get that from? I think giving it a peroxide bath would be futile. Bummer its so bad.

Upvote 0
Interesting. When I was looking at this coin under mag. I saw some kinda gold looking areas. Reading up on this coin I see it had a brass plug where the crown is to make it look like gold. I have to see if I can photograph it.

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm really bummed about the condition. Well if it is this 1658-1670 is my oldest so far and my forth 1600's coin in PA.

Upvote 0
That is good news, my friend Wayne found one, not sure if he found it in Burlington county NJ or Delaware of Philly area, what county did you find it in, I am sure one of the researchers would like to have that info. Yes, not many found at all by detectorists but now that another one has been found close to where my friends was, may help in tracking their distributuion.............You can PM me with the state and county if you wish, I will pass it on to one of the researchers.

Don

UPDATE: My friend found his in Burlington County, NJ and he knows of one found in Salem County NJ and on at Penns Landing, Philly..........

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the other side I can see the letter V which helps confirm IPs' identification. :)

Attachments

• v letter.jpg
    v letter.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 92
  • V compare.jpg
    V compare.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
On the other side I can see the letter V which helps confirm IPs' identification. :)

Don, you just needed to rotate it a bit more because you're seeing the A. But the good news is now seeing this side with the correct orientation it is without question a St. Patricks Farthing. Great find regardless of condition, and should be banner as well.

Attachments

• v letteraaa.jpg
    v letteraaa.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
Wow! You guys are good. I never saw the letters.

Upvote 0
excellent ID by Iron Patch. :icon_thumleft: I think he must have x-ray eyes to be able to see through all that crud

Upvote 0
I know this coin is ID'd already (awesome find by the way.) I feel compelled to mention more evidence of what it is... the giant crown at the top of the coin in the first picture. No one even mentioned it, haha.

Upvote 0
"I see a small crown at the top of one side." On my opening post.

Upvote 0
I do the same some times, no worries.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back