half celt.. IT FITS!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured it would happen eventually. I think I finally found The other half of one of the monster Shell celts they were making at this site. I couldn't wait to show someone.

ForumRunner_20121124_211400.png

ForumRunner_20121124_211655.png

ForumRunner_20121124_211806.png

Upvote 0
Thanks Twitch. It measures 7 3/4 inches. ..... here come the jokes..LOL.

You have it in hand and I don't but it sure doesn't look like it fits together at all in the picture you are showing.

They may not. There is however a difference in wear that is from the fact that one piece was only recently eroded out while the other spent a much longer time in the elements. The grain of the shell lines up. The photo is a bit missleading as the two pieces were only balancing on my arm and a bit cockeyed when I snapped the photo.

that is very possible
one time about 12 yrs ago my friend and me found half a game piece

the 4 yrs ago we found another one quarter of the same piece that fits perfectly
some place i have an image of those poor lost bro and sis pcs that want to be back together again
steve..........true story for sure my friend

I love that one.

They dont appear to fit maybe they are the same type of shell and that is why the lines look like that.

I honestly think you have reunited the two. One piece has been damaged along the break, since the original break. The two pieces taper the same and you say the grain is right. Sounds good and looks good. Nice job bro! The color may throw some off, but one half has been buried longer and deeper. That answers the color question.

It's already whiter.. it was still pretty wet when I took the photo. And yes Rock They are the same kind of shell.. They only made those with one type here.

GatorBoy said:
It's already whiter.. it was still pretty wet when I took the photo. And yes Rock They are the same kind of shell.. They only made those with one type here.

If the grain in the shell matches perfectly, I would have no doubt at all, being that they were found in context of each other. If the grain was off the slightest bit, I would have to doubt they belonged together. Gator, you know more about shell than the oil company. If you say it's a yah, it's a yah!

Haha... and NC. thanks man.

That's neat if they belong together. NICE!
I found half of this awl (black/bottom one), and found the other half two years later near the same firepit.

230.JPG

I did the same with a bone pin. Two years apart. Glad we keep the broken bits. Nice awl too! Looks like a drill..either way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back