Had another good day, silver and first ring!

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Well, I went back to the house that I found the two mercs at and found eight wheats, $2.06 in clad, and another merc. I think it is 1920. It is worn pretty good. Can anyone tell what it is??? I hit the oldest wheat penny (1919s) with my digger. I also found a ring that is espo 10k gold filled. That's my first ring to find. It took me 2 1/2 months to find silver and now I've found five in the last two weeks. The funny thing is they are two Barbers and three Mercury dimes. I think it's funny that I haven't found a silver Rosie yet. Here are my finds:

metaldetecting218.jpg

metaldetecting222.jpg

metaldetecting224.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds! Looks like a 1920 to me. Nice lookin ring too. I have never found a Barber but my Merc to Rosie ratio is 3/1. The only thing I can think of is that the further back you go in time the more likely people were to carry coins. But maybe not, just a thought. But I sure don't find many Rosie's. HH

TG

Texasgopher said:
Nice finds! Looks like a 1920 to me. Nice lookin ring too. I have never found a Barber but my Merc to Rosie ratio is 3/1. The only thing I can think of is that the further back you go in time the more likely people were to carry coins. But maybe not, just a thought. But I sure don't find many Rosie's. HH

TG
Thanks,
You might be right because another guy I just heard has 7 rosie's and 7 mercs.

seger98 said:
Super duper finds, congratulations. :thumbsup:
Thanks Seger.

Nice silver and ring. Congrats and hope there will be many more to come for you. :icon_thumleft:

Nothing funny about those finds. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back