Guys today i got a gold coin from my aunt and its very old, but i dont know how muc its worth

ganithmalage

Jun 30, 2024
1000045240.jpg

Attachments

• 20240728_123853.jpg
    20240728_123853.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
Upvote 10
Is that dated 1980? There appears to be no value stamped on either side which indicates to me this is not a coin, but some type of commemorative medal. You might try searching 1980 commemorative medal and see if you can identify it.

Is that dated 1980? There appears to be no value stamped on either side which indicates to me this is not a coin, but some type of commemorative medal. You might try searching 1980 commemorative medal and see if you can identify it.
I got another one which is 1912

Found the following info on your coin: " Full Sovereign is a remarkable piece, representing a rich history and the craftsmanship of the Royal Mint. Composed of 22-carat gold, it contains 7.98 grams of pure gold, making it a valuable addition to any collection."

Wow! Nice very valuable it is confusing when you dig that far back into foreign coins......I have ran across this one a lot lately while doing research on a coin I found. King George reign I believe and if I am remembering correctly approximately 1500 years old so somewhere in the 950-1000 AD or CE. But just so you know heritage will appraise for free by photo. Especially for this coin which they would be very familiar with. They are appraising mine. Good luck, very nice coin, immaculate condition.

Wow! Nice very valuable it is confusing when you dig that far back into foreign coins......I have ran across this one a lot lately while doing research on a coin I found. King George reign I believe and if I am remembering correctly approximately 1500 years old so somewhere in the 950-1000 AD or CE. But just so you know heritage will appraise for free by photo. Especially for this coin which they would be very familiar with. They are appraising mine. Good luck, very nice coin, immaculate condition.
I believe a commemorative coin

Found the following info on your coin: " Full Sovereign is a remarkable piece, representing a rich history and the craftsmanship of the Royal Mint. Composed of 22-carat gold, it contains 7.98 grams of pure gold, making it a valuable addition to any collection."
Royal mint craftsmanship? They paid Italian medalist and engraver Benedetto Pistrucci to engrave St. George!🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back